February 1st, 2018
For so many of us, Dad is our best friend, mentor, and biggest supporter. It’s only natural we look forward to celebrating his special day all year long. Father’s Day is coming up on Sunday, June 18th, which has us thinking about gift ideas. Puzzles, audiobooks, and group outings are all fine options. But whether Dad is active or prefers to take it easy, don’t forget to give the gift of Father’s Day senior home care. At Advanced Care Home Services, we understand the important balance between assistance and independence that is needed throughout our lives.
When it comes to Father’s Day, I will remember my dad for both being there to nurture me and also for the times he gave me on my own to cultivate my own interests and to nurture my own spirit.
~ Jennifer Grant
- Audiobooks – Discovering a new author is made simple with today’s technology. Audiobooks make a fantastic Father’s Day gift. Travel, food, nature, and everything in between is waiting to be heard.
- Dinner and Dessert – Break bread, enjoy conversation, and don’t forget the dessert this Father’s Day. Take time to reminisce about past family gatherings while making new memories together.
- Herb Gardens – Perhaps Dad used to enjoy tending to a large garden but now needs something more manageable. If so, a small kitchen or patio herb garden will get two green thumbs up! Gardening and other light summertime activity ideas help to keep seniors engaged during the warmer months.
- Large Piece Puzzles – For the puzzle lover, there’s nothing puzzling about this terrific gift. The large pieces are easier to see and pick up than traditional pieces. Puzzles not only engage the mind but also encourage group participation, so gather round the table because it’s a fun activity for the whole family.
- Reader’s Digest Large Print Magazine – How about a subscription to this easy-to-read magazine for Dad? This popular magazine will surely delight any reader.
Arrange Father’s Day Senior Home Care
We are here to help you and your family by providing loving elder care in Massachusetts on Father’s Day and every day. Our home care services include companionship, heavy chore services, medication reminders, overnight services, and shopping, among others. Since we look forward to helping Dad stay independent, please contact us today to schedule a free in-home senior care consultation.