June 6th, 2017
Valentine’s Day is meant to be a celebration of friendship, love, and romance. For some, though, it may be a lonely day, especially if a beloved partner or spouse is no longer here. It’s important to us that the seniors in our lives feel appreciated and cared for every day, including February 14. At Advanced Home Care Services, our companionship services include emotional support, activities, and conversation. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, that social engagement helps stimulate cognitive function. Providing sensitive, positive, and loving elder care is our passion.
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
~Charles M. Schulz
Ideas To Make Valentine’s Day Special
Even if you and the seniors in your life partake in some Valentine’s Day traditions, here are some ideas to make it a truly special day:
- Arts and Crafts – draw, paint, or cut out a simple Valentine’s Day card or decoration together
- Love Is in Bloom – deliver flowers or a small flowering plant that can be tended to over time
- Memory Lane – reminisce about the special loved ones in your lives by telling stories and going through old photo albums
- Movie Matinee – plan an outing to the cinema to catch the latest romantic comedy or stay in and watch a favorite DVD
- Sweets and Treats – prepare a special dessert together or share a heart-shaped box of candy while enjoying conversation and coffee
The Gift of Loving Elder Care
Of course, it may be difficult for you to provide ongoing care and assistance to the seniors in your life. Coping with the stress of parent caregiving can be quite a challenge. We are here to help by providing the benefits of in-home care. Perhaps heavy chore services, shopping & list preparation, and medication reminders are what will help Dad stay independent. Our skilled and trained home health aides provide compassionate care throughout Massachusetts. Please contact us so that we may deliver the gift of loving elder care to your loved ones today!