August 14th, 2017
Most of us have heard the rhyme “April showers bring May flowers”. Unfortunately, April showers can bring isolation and boredom, too. Inclement weather keeps many of us indoors, especially seniors that find it difficult to navigate outdoors in less-than-ideal weather. That’s why it’s important to have a few rainy day senior activities up your sleeve. Our companionship services can help seniors in MA stay engaged and social in the comfort of their own home.
April is a promise that May is bound to keep.
~ Hal Borland
Rainy Day Senior Activities
- Arts & Crafts – rainy days naturally lend themselves to scrapbooking, painting, crocheting, knitting, and other creative endeavors. Pick up that project that you have been wanting to finish or start a brand new one!
- Get Physical – at-home workouts are a great way to stay fit at home. Toe taps, arm circles, and other chair exercises for elderly people are a fun and effective way to move and groove indoors. Light weights and low-impact indoor walking DVDs are great options as well.
- Let’s Dish! – grab a new cooking or baking recipe and hit the kitchen. Whipping up a new dish is a fun and exciting way to take the gray out of a gloomy day.
- Reading & Writing – make some tea or coffee and get lost in the latest best-selling novel. Writing in a journal, penning a letter or card to a friend, or doing a crossword puzzle are perfect activities to do during quiet days at home.
- Singin’ in the Rain – known for its famous dancing in the rain scene, this classic musical comedy is the perfect flick for any rainy day.
April showers don’t stop us from delivering professional, reliable, high-quality senior care in Massachusetts. Advanced Home Care Services is here to assist Mom and Dad with bill paying, grocery shopping, heavy chore services, medication reminders, personal grooming, and so much more. The benefits of home care are just a phone call away. Please contact us today to arrange loving elder care in Massachusetts.